Peter Liu: 1987 – 1991, Petroleum University (East China), Drilling Engineering. 1991 – 1997, North-China Oilfield, rig hand – well site drilling engineer – drilling engineer – drilling cost management accountant. 1997 – 2001, Drilling Bureau, CNPC Beijing Office, Project manager – Middle-East oilfield service development and operations. 2001 – 2002, SAIT, Bachelor of Applied Petroleum Engineering Technology. 2002 – 2003, MI Drilling Fluid. 2003 – 2005, Bissett Resource Consultant Ltd – specialized drilling & completions engineering consulting company for critical sour drilling and completions. 2005 – current, Drilling Engineer – Senior Drilling Engineer – Drilling Superintendent – Drilling Supervisor – Team Lead Drilling.
Steven Neu, P. Eng., Sr. Drilling Engineer at CNRL. He has 24 years of experience in the oil and gas industry and has worked as a drilling engineer for CNPC, Kerr-McGee, Chevron, and Encana. His work experience includes both onshore and offshore, such as deep water drilling, shallow gas, CBM, deep basin, UBD/MPD, heavy oil and thermal CSS / SAGD.
Thermal Heavy Oil Delineation Drilling Completions Project Management
1. Delineation Wells also called Appraisal, Stratigraphic or core holes. Most of them are D&A.
2. Drilling for data – logging and cores
3. Some water source or disposal wells, observation wells are cased and cemented.
4. Mobilization and Demobilization
5. Single or Super-Single drilling rigs
6. Coring unit
7. Wireline or TLC Logging units
8. Camp site
SAGD Drilling and Completion
1. SAGD introduction
2. Advanced Drilling Technology: ADR, RSS, Ranging
3. SAGD Completion
4. SAGD Steam Injection
Peter Liu (Devon Drilling Lead) Steven Neu (CNRL Sr. Drilling Engineer)
CNRL, 2500, 855 - 2 Street SW Calgary
November 11, 2015